Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mormon Mockwell

This summer I was asked to do a commission for a caricature of my dad's business partner Glenn. They work together as owners of several Fantastic Sams and Newstyle Salons have been managing the business together for a couple of years now. For his birthday, the stylists wanted to surprise Glenn with a Norman Rockwell-tribute. Here's the result.

  

And here's the original "Jazz It Up":

  

 And here's what Glenn wrote me after receiving it:

"Kendall,

Thank you so much for this amazing gift (and your parents as well). I love it!!! This really is special and captures my daily dilemma--it will hang in a place of honor in my office :)

Thank you so much again (all of you).

Glenn"

If you or anyone you know would like something similar, I can make these from photo reference and I charge $20 an hour and it usually comes out to about 10-12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment